Voter Suppression in Georgia
How It Started vs How It’s Going
How it Started:
- Black Voters Matter and our partners published ads in the AJC to raise awareness around voter suppression bills in the state of Georgia. We launched a text and phone banking campaign to urge corporations and legislators to take action against legislation restricting access to the ballot.
- We continued our work on the ground with a Week of Action at Corporations to urge them to protect the vote such as UPS, Delta Airlines, Coca-Cola, The Masters Tournament, The Georgia State Capitol, and more.
How it’s Going:
- Senate Bill 202 has passed. Black Voters Matter has teamed up with The New Georgia Project and Rise Inc to file a lawsuit against the state of Georgia: Click Here to Learn More
What You Can Do:
HOLD corporations accountable who are donating to elected officials pushing voter suppression bills in other states:
Tell the sponsors of SB326 to protect our freedom to vote
Tell 5 friends and family to take action:
Call on corporations to DIVEST funding from ALL elected officials who attack voting rights
- Call on corporations to SUPPORT passage of HR1 For the People Act and HR4 – John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act because:
We need protection of our voting rights from the Federal government Georgia delivered in a big way and now our Senators need to deliver for us!
- Take a stand against voter suppression! All proceeds will benefit our Freedom Ride for Voting Rights tour.