Add your name to get the latest on the Freedom Ride and stay updated with all things Black Voters Matter!
Become a Freedom Rider for Voting Rights!
We’re Ridin’ Out Again! Beginning in June, BVM will board its signature “Blackest Bus in America” for a voter outreach tour from Mississippi to Washington D.C., making stops in key southern states. BVM’s Freedom Ride for Voting Rights, which continues the tradition of the original Freedom Rides, comes as more than 40 states consider legislation to restrict voting rights, which would have a disproportionate impact on Black communities. In addition to voter outreach and engagement, the bus tour will raise awareness about this harmful legislation and empower communities to combat restrictions to early voting, absentee ballots, and other important reforms. Read more here.
Stay Updated! Get Mobilized!
Stay updated on tour stops in the following states, click your state below to get connected on the Mobilize App!
Friday 6/18 – New Orleans, LA (Pre-launch)
Saturday 6/19 – Jackson MS, Birmingham AL
Sunday 6/20 – Nashville, TN
Monday 6/21 – Atlanta, GA
Tuesday 6/22 – Columbia, SC
Wednesday 6/23 – Raleigh, NC
Thursday 6/24 – Charleston, WV
Friday 6/25 – Richmond, VA
Saturday 6/26 – Washington D.C
- Advancement Project National Office
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Black Church PAC
- Black Women’s RoundTable
- Congressional Progressive Caucus Center
- DC Vote
- Declaration for American Democracy
- Ebenezer Baptist Church
- End Citizens United
- Make it Plain
- Movement for Black Lives Electoral Justice Project
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
- People For the American Way
- Rainbow PUSH Coalition
- SCLC Southern California
- SPLC Action Fund
- Stand Up America
- The Daniel Initiative SET
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- The Working Families Party
- Transformative Justice Coalition
- Unite Here
- Until Freedom
- Women’s March
- The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights